Looking for somewhere to exhibit?
Get your work seen at Smart Artz.
To book the entire venue the cost is just $1,500.00+GST per week. The space is over 270 sq mtrs, and we have spaces starting from as low as $240 per week (minimum 2 weeks).
What’s included in the Space?
We have a state-of-the-art hanging system for you to use, as well as traditional hooks in the wall.
There are toilets available and a kitchen space for catering purposes. We also have a large, grand dining table that dominates the centre space, and can be utilised in a creative way.
Music can be played through our gallery stereo, using CD’s, an iPod, MP3 players etc.
We also own a baby Grand Piano once owned by Dame Nellie Melba, which we are happy to have played as an alternative source of music on your Opening Night. We can provide you with a piano player too!
What can we do for you?
As an artist we understand you need an affordable way of getting your work seen, so our rates are among the most competitive in the industry - and we have more to offer than low prices...
- Regular functions mean your work will be seen by more people.
- Because we're a function venue as well as a gallery, we can guarantee that when you exhibit with us, new potential buyers will keep seeing your work throughout the exhibition, not just on opening night.
- Prominently located in busy, trendy South Melbourne.
- Memorable opening nights at reasonable prices.
- We promote your work even after your exhibition.
- If you have works unsold once your exhibition ends, we'll be happy to keep displaying them on our website for up to a year, so you can keep making sales even when your work is no longer on display.
Exhibit with other Artists
Our Gallery Co Ordinator , Di Bartholomeusz understands the ins-and-outs of exhibiting, and the obstacles many artists face when trying to coordinate with others. Let her help you by bringing you together with other artists, whose work will compliment your own, to share exhibiting costs and opening night jitters.
Simply fill out the online application form, stipulating your preferred dates and provide a jpeg of your work, and DI will see what she can do!
What About an Opening Night?
Smart Artz Gallery has an excellent reputation as an event space, and we are able to assist you in creating an Opening Night to remember!
Want more than wine and cheese at your opening night? As a function venue with our own in-house catering team, we'll make sure your opening night guests are stylishly fed, at rates you can afford.
Alternatively, you are also welcome to provide your own catering and refreshments.
We are here to help, simply let us know what you need and we’ll see what we can do.
I’m Ready to Exhibit!
CLICK HERE and fill out our Artist Application Form.
Gallery Coordinator, Steph Hall, will review your application and be in touch to talk about your requirements.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!