Terms and Conditions
for Events and Artist Exhibitions
A deposit of 20% for the gallery hire is required to confirm a booking.
The remaining balance and opening night costs are to be paid 2-4 weeks prior to the event/exhibition start date.
Events cancelled within 8 weeks of booking incur the loss of the deposit.and /or full venue hire
Events cancelled prior to this incurs 50% loss of the full venue hire
Clients will be liable for the full venue hire fee plus GST if an event is cancelled less than 4 weeks prior to event date, as well as 25% of total cost of event.
Exhibitions cancelled within 6 weeks of booking incur the loss of the deposit.
Cancellation fees of 50% of the booking fee will be incurred if the exhibition or event is cancelled 6 weeks or more prior to event
Later than 6 weeks, a 75% cancellation fee will apply plus advertising costs and any other costs incurred by the exhibitor.
Smart Artz Gallery will take a 25% commission on all artwork sold on premises. (can be discussed)
$1,500 plus GST per week for the entire Gallery space (speak to the Gallery Coordinator regarding other options for space)
A bond of $100 to be paid prior to exhibition on top of the 20% deposit to secure the booking.
The bond will be refunded when exhibition has been dismantled and restoration of gallery has been completed with agreed condtion.
- Installation and dismantling
- delivery and removal of works
- costs associated with invitations/postage
- opening night refreshment costs (avail from in-house catering at a competitive price)
- insurance of works whilst in the Gallery (except public liability)
- for their works to be reproduced by print and electronic media in the advertising and promotion of the exhibition by Smart Artz Gallery
- for their name, and artwork details to be listed on teh Smart Artz Gallery website, artwork labels and other printed and electronic media
SMART ARTZ GALLERY WILL PROVIDE:
- Tracking and Lighting and hanging systems in each gallery
- Help with installation and dismantling
- Supervision of the exhibition (excludes Sun & Mon)
- Exhibition listing on gallery website
- Listings in Art Almanac
- 3,000+ strong and GENUINE mailing list
- Public liability insurance
- Bar staff /cleaners on opening night if required at hourly rate (2 foc)
- Assistance with invite design
- Arrange for invite printing at cost, if required
- Assistance to arrange group shows
- Glasses for opening night/ice buckets/bar/etc
GALLERY OPENING HOURS
The exhibition will be manned free of charge during the week, and if the artist wishes to open on Sunday and/or Monday, then they will be free to do so.